This TOI Temperature Oxygen Index Tester is used to determine the lowest oxygen density that tested materials keep steady burning under oxygen and nitrogen mixed gas, and represented by volume percentage of oxygen, the calculation formula is Oxygen Index=O2/(O2+N2).
The oxygen index is higher, material is more difficult burning. Generally, for oxygen index is less than 22, materials belongs to flammable; for oxygen index is between 22 and 27, materials belongs to flammable; for oxygen index larger than 27, materials belongs to difficult flammable.
Critical Oxygen Index is a method that evaluates relative flammability properties of polymer materials such as plastics and others, especially to assess the difficult level of materials contacting to igniting fire in air. So this test method is highlighted by countries of the world.
ASTM D 2863, BS ISO 4589-2, NES 714, GB/T2406, GB/T5454.
3. Test Procedure:
The test sample is positioned vertically in a glass chimney, and an oxygen/nitrogen environment is established with a flow from the bottom of the chimney. The top edge of the test sample is ignited, and the oxygen concentration in the flow is decreased until the flame is no longer supported.
4. Specimen size:
There are 6 specifications for the test specimen depending on the type of material being tested. For injection molded samples, 80 to 150 mm long by 10 mm wide by 4 mm thick is the recommended size. Results for different materials should only be compared if the testing was done on samples of similar size.
5. Main technical indicators:
1. Combustion cylinder diameter 100mm, height 450mm;
2. Measuring range: 0 ~ 100% / O2;
3. Resolution: 0.1% / O2;
4. Gas flow rate (40 ± 10) mm / s;
5. Igniter flame length (5-50) mm can be adjusted;
6. Measurement accuracy: ± 0.4% / O2;
7. Response time: <10s;
8. Digital display Accuracy: 0.1% (imported oxygen sensor);
9. Output drift: <5% / year;
10. Warranty: 12 months after delivery.
11. Ambient temperature: -10 ℃ ~ 45 ℃
12. Relative humidity: <85%;
13. Gas source: not less than 98% oxygen and nitrogen, all need pressure regulator;
14. Output pressure: 0.25-0 .4 Mpa;
15. Working pressure: 0.15Mpa
16. Voltage and power: 220V, 50HZ, 100W
17. Instrument size: 520mm*460mm*400mm
18. Weight: 40Kg